Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket Cook*

124»

Comments

• I'm taking @mightyquinn 's advice and bugging out. time for a tall bourbon and to rejoin society as a real person. I feel like Austin Powers when he came out of being frozen for 100 years. I have like a beard down to my knees and direct light hurts my eyes. I have become the people I make fun of!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate it. Good times all and catch up soon.

Cen-Tex Out.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Lol....funny post for a finale... :))
  • TxAg93
    TxAg93 Posts: 124
    Later and Happy Easter!
  • TxAg93
    Pulled it off at 192 at 4:45 this morning. Pictures to follow later.
  • Nice. Can't believe it held on so long. Should be good. You can easily rest that in a cooler with lots of towels until lunch.
  • 11th hour and everything is the same as before. Enjoy your dinner Cen-Tex.
    Dude- I had chicken fried beef rib (on the bone) for dinner...............yeah, that just happened. I need a nap!

Is it bad that I actually got winded walking down the stairs this morning? (pic of bone in chicken fried beef rib attached). Probably need to eat better this week...but i won't be starting today :) 
  • TxAg93
    Heck if you tasted those green and orange things on the side of your plate then you're ahead of me on eating healthy. Looks decadent and delicious though.
  • Heck if you tasted those green and orange things on the side of your plate then you're ahead of me on eating healthy. Looks decadent and delicious though.
    They remained squarely where they sat.How's that brisket??????
  • TxAg93
    The brisket was incredibly flavorful. A better smoke ring than last weeks. It wasn't dry but it wasn't as moist as last weeks. The bark/smoke ring was just a tad on the chewy side on what I prefer but I think going back to a smaller 10-12 pounder will resolve that. Overall a B- or C+ depending on what you're looking for in a brisket.
    Here is a blurred iPhone shot from 4:45 this morning. It resembles a meteorite here, but it was definitely a very tasty, tasty meteorite.
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I will also mention that I lost my gasket this morning retrieving the meat. When I opened it up, the upper gasket was being pulled down and off. I think the meat juices must've pooled up and bonded in the upper and lower gaskets together.
  • TxAg93
    I'll post a picture of it sliced a bit later.