Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first stir fry in wok

Options
jbates67
jbates67 Posts: 168
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Seasoned my wokshop 16" carbon steel wok and decided this was the weekend to give it a run. I have to say the spider is a must for using the wok and the ability to flip it over and get closer to the fire as it goes down is very nice.

I have to say, it was relatively easy to do but definitely took some preparation and getting all things staged and ready to go. I made some minor mistakes that I know I can avoid next time, a little too much oil, etc.

I did make some fried rice with a small bag of frozen veggies that turned out excellent, all in all the family said it was delicious, and I have to admit it was pretty good. Only gripe is some of the "seasoning" came off the wok as I was stirring everything with the metal spatchula.

Here are some pictures, so you can see it did happen. :-)

Comments

• yellowdogbbq
    Options
    Looks great!  Can't wait to get my wok.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,472
    Options
    I bought a "pow" wok, with a single long metal handle, so I couldn't flip the spider over to get it even closer to the coals like you have.
    However, since I lost the hair on my right arm anyway from the intense heat, I'll just be happy with that!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.