Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Uncovered a new winner on the BGE!

Eggbertsdad
Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I called my wife on the way back from a poker tournament this evening (about 7pm). I asked her to set out a frozen in-house made lasagna I bought from the local Italian market. I didn't know Kathy was using the oven to make the new Sticky Bun recipe on the cover of the latest Bon Appetit magazine. So I told her I would just heat up the lasagna on the egg since she was using the oven. HOLY CRAP! Smoked lasagna, who woulda thunk it? It was fabulous. 

Once again, the BGE to the rescue. Instead of using the cover, I may just get a mask and cape for it! 
:-j
Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)

Comments

• EGG-CELENT usage of the Egg - Egg to rescue - AGAIN!!!  =D>

And if the lasagna acts anything like some other foods done on the Egg (chicken comes to mind especially), it'll taste even BETTER the next day!!! 

Dunno why but for whatever reason, the smokiness seems to penetrate or somehow get even more pronounced the next day!!!

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • horseflesh
    horseflesh Posts: 206
    Anything that needs baking, aside from dessert, I bake in the Egg and lay on the wood chips. I honestly cannot remember the last time I used my oven in the kitchen. 
  • You can do the same thing with ant store bought pizza