Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Options Same With XL AS Lrg?

NorCalQ
NorCalQ Posts: 1
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm a newbee to the forum and would like to know if options are the same with both the large and xl Eggs?

Comments

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    I think the large has more options, but the XL is closing the gap. More and more accessories seem to be coming available for the XL. I have an XL and haven't found anything I've needed unavailable.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    ^^^ I agree.  Lots of good stuff at the ceramic grill store.

I would not let it be the deciding factor unless you are looking for some unusual, must-have gadget.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • My extras are a platesetter,3- 1/2 bricks and an extra grill for raised direct.That is all I've needed to have some awesome cooks
    LET'S EAT
  • Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    Some accesories for the large are simply unecessary for the XL.  The Hi-Que grate is one example. 
    I guess there are some things like the 3-tier grid that BGE makes for the large that are not made in a XL version.  As a XL owner I can say there is nothing I can think of the I see made for the large, and not the XL, where I wished there was an XL version.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited March 2012
    Some accesories for the large are simply unecessary for the XL.  The Hi-Que grate is one example. 
    I guess there are some things like the 3-tier grid that BGE makes for the large that are not made in a XL version.  As a XL owner I can say there is nothing I can think of the I see made for the large, and not the XL, where I wished there was an XL version.
    Totally agree.
    The only accessory I had for the first 2 years was a platesetter. Recently purchased a spider (for the wok I got for x-mas), but that's all I have/need/want (so far anyway).
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990

i want the ps woo for the XL from Ceramic Grill store when they have it.  that and the plate setter you are set.

XL   Walled Lake, MI