Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Moving/BGE

jsnider1987
jsnider1987 Posts: 0
edited March 2012 in Root
I am about to move and am curious if anyone has any advice on moving an egg.  Any suggestions would be appreciated... 

Comments

• bigdogk9
    bigdogk9 Posts: 69

A bunch of buddies and I travel 1300 miles to Canada every year to go duck and goose hunting.  We take my buddies large and strap it in the front corner in the back of the truck and rock on.  We have never had any problems at all!!!

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    I did the following in my pickup with no problems:
    1.) Pull the guts out and wrap.
    2.) Tightly strap the egg in the corner.
    3.) Strap the lid down so it doesn't bounce.

You shouldn't have any problems.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• brought a large home in the back of my pickup from Salado pulling a fifth wheel...strapped it to bed (has rino liner)  and took off with everything else in place...three hours later got two guys to help unload it and now its on the line....no problems at all...I did tie the lid down to the rope holding the truck, not so tight that it couldn't move a little...figured the felt would take care of any bouncing...didn twant it to lift up with a big bump (which i did find)

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder