Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Placesetter vs. Woo3 vs. Adjustable Rig vs. Spider

ShaneF
ShaneF Posts: 26
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Hey guys,

I have been grillin on my parents egg for about 2 years.  I finally received my own as a wedding gift and while looking for table ideas I just now discovered all of the tools and techniques that I have been missing. 

I have previously used the ceramic placesetter, which I found great for low and slows as well as making pizzas, but I have noticed a lot of adjustable rig fans on here.  I have never seen the adjustable rig in person, but online it just looks complicated to move food around the lower level and lacks the ability to sear close to the lump like the spider.  I also love the idea of the spider, being able to do close to lump sears, as well as flipping it up near felt line, though I don't understand why they made it with no grid attached.  What do you guys recommend for a good all around riser (or is it even possible to decide on just one?)

Comments