Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Burgers

chill243chill243 Posts: 131
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ok, did a search and nothing, quick tell me what to do with premade burgers, I don't have any accessories except the plate setter

Comments

• Season to your liking and grill direct (no platesetter)...when we do burgers we'll grill some onion on the grill as well.

• chill243chill243 Posts: 131

what temp?

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Remember. When all is said and done, it's a grill. Pretend nobody answered your post, and cook them like you would on your gasser. Just dont press them. And dont flip if they are stuck. A stuck burger is just not ready to flip
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Remember. When all is said and done, it's a grill. Pretend nobody answered your post, and cook them like you would on your gasser. Just dont press them. And dont flip if they are stuck. A stuck burger is just not ready to flip
    truth. all of it.
  • chill243chill243 Posts: 131
    ty so much!
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Chill, cook them like a burger, don't over complicate it.
  • Remember. When all is said and done, it's a grill. Pretend nobody answered your post, and cook them like you would on your gasser. Just dont press them. And dont flip if they are stuck. A stuck burger is just not ready to flip
    And only flip once
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • I've never had the self control to only flip once. Does it really make a difference?
  • CowdogsCowdogs Posts: 491
    edited February 2012
    I've never had the self control to only flip once. Does it really make a difference?

If you want a good char, I think it might. Everytime you flip, you cool off the topside of the burger.
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,560

what temp?

I aim for 500* and don't worry if it hits 550*
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    Exactly. 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • I don't have any scientific evidence. This was how I was taught. Never flip burgers, steaks, chops , hell almost anything but once. Like I said, just how I was taught. Someone def knows, @stike would be the one !

Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Throw some salt and pepper on them and grill away. If you want to get fancy with pre-made burgers chop up some onion and press it into the surface of the meat.

Just cause it is the greatest grilling device on the planet does not mean stress.

And remember no photos and it did not happen, especially when "I" make an error.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.