Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need a Pizza Stone

Options
NightwingXP
NightwingXP Posts: 448
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hi all! I am ordering a Woo from Tom for my medium today and I need to know where I can get a couple of 12" round stones to place on the bottom for indirect smokes and eventually making pizzas. As illustrated on CGS I know I could use a couple of fire bricks but I would really like to use a round stone to cover the fire box better. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks Eggers!
Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!

Comments

• travisstrick
    Options
    I think most folks prefer the BGE brand stone. I have a Hamilton Beach cheapy and it has done great. The cheap ones have a problem with breaking at high heat.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Call Tom back. I think he has them. Or as Travis( :ar!) said BGE stone for the Small.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• NightwingXP
    Options
    Lol good one Mickey. I will try Tom. He didn't have them on CGS.com but didn't think to ask him. I would much rather give him the money. Gonna get a 12" for the bottom of the Woo and a 14" for pizza on top. Can't wait!!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • jrdavies
    Options

If there is a kiln supply store in your area you could try and round kiln shelf. I think they are a little cheaper than pizza stones and work just as well.