Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Top 5 all time steak

Options
boatbum
boatbum Posts: 1,273
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum

During the Dry Aged discussion last week, someone mentioned a place in the DFW area called "Rudolphs".   Asked Mrs Boatbum about it -she replied that we had procured vittles there before - and that we should again.   Saturday was the trip downtown - and WOW.

These were Dry Aged NY Strips ( prime ) -- not sure how long they were aged.

I don't recall who brought up the place in the previous discuss -- but thank you.   I have to rate this steak as one of the top steaks ( flavor, tender, etc ) I have ever eaten.    Got some of their in store made bratwurst - was crazy good.   I had totally forgotten about the place - I wasn't egg'n back in those days.   The place has been there for I think 100 years.   The butcher blocks are worn into a depression in the middle.   Will remember to get a couple of pics of their butcher blocks.

I appreciate the reccomendation of the place -- any more ideas I am open to them.

thanks

Cookin in Texas