Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings and Drummettes

Options
TigerDunes
TigerDunes Posts: 42
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
I want to cook wings and drummettes on BGE for Super Bowl Sunday.

Have never tried this.

What are preparation tips, cooking time and temp.

Thx for reading and all replies.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I do direct at 375/400 on a raised grill (if no adj rig just use foil wrapped bricks). I like Butt Rub going on and if sauce, do it the last 10 mins. I do not oil them. If time I like to leave them uncovered in fridge overnight to dry out skin, most of the time can't do this (thought to late to do it). This plate is not sauced.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• ChokeOnSmoke
    Options
    I like indirect at about 400 dome.  Indirect, I don't have to pay any attention (maybe just flip once) and the skin still gets plenty crisp. 45-60 minutes.  I go with a little dry rub and sauce after they come off if necessary.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Don't forget about chicken legs as well:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.