Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Neapolitan Style Pizza

Options
Quadzilla
Quadzilla Posts: 40
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Video of Neapolitan Style Pizza I made a few weeks back.

Sorry for the poor lighting but, I wanted to demonstrate a 1:30 bake. If anyone has any setups or techniques to make pizzas at 800*- 1000* please share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmPXrk1cyn0

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Nice!  I normally put the basil on the pie after it comes off, so it doesn't burn, otherwise that's how I'm doing it.

Can't tell in the video if you "burp" your Egg before opening it fully, if not it'd be a good habit to acquire, especially at those temps!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Quadzilla
    Options
    I do burp it. You can see how much flame there is at those temps. I learned the hard way a while back.

The basil does char slightly at these temps. I rinse it before putting it on and that helps. You can also put it on under the cheese if you don't prefer any char.

I was looking through old posts and saw you make pizzas. Any luck with this style?