Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin Recipe

Options
Piganytime
Piganytime Posts: 16
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Trying my first tenderloin tomorrow on the egg. Any favorite recipes?

Comments

• CaptainSpaulding
    Options
    Easy cook and you'll look like a rock star. I do them a couple of ways:

1. Pick a favorite rub or just plain old salt and pepper, season well and grill at about 400° - 450° direct for a nice char. Turn every 10 minutes or so. Cook until internal temperature is 145°. Rest for at least 15 minutes. Slice As desired and enjoy.

2. Variation: put tenderloin(s) in a gallon ziplock with a couple of glugs each of a combination of soy sauce, worchestershire, sesame oil, fish sauce, plenty of fresh ground black pepper and any other flavors you like in your marinade. Marinate for at least a half hour, up to a few hours.. Grill and serve the same as above.

Great chunk of meat and it's impossible to screw up unless you overcook it.

Cheers,

Captain Spaulding
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    I haven't done this one yet, but it is on The Naked Whiz website , under recipes, then go to pork and then to Bar Towel Tenderloin. I am going to try this one day. It looks impressive. btw, not trying to steer you away from this forum, lots of great info here. Good Luck which ever you decide.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    As Captain Spaulding says, grill it at around 400. Should take 20-25 nminutes depending on how pink you like your pork. I like to pull around 145 and let rest 5 to 10 minutes. I have a few examples on my blog if you need more advice.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings