Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin and fresh baked bread

Options
banzaitoyota
banzaitoyota Posts: 173
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
Cooking a pork loin for tonightt. Just glazed it with the agave syrup. Bread goes on after the pork is pulled to rest

Comments

• banzaitoyota
    Options
    Well crap! Nobody took out the dough to thaw. Here are the veggies
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options

Looking good. Pork loins are my favorite. Here is one I just did with a garlic, black pepper and cayenne dry rub with a brown sugar 2nd rub. I've also done the first rub and drizzly honey for the last half hour also. 275° till center is 142°image

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• smokesniffer
    Options
    Looks good, how long did you leave it on the grill. I want to do one for supper tomorrow.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • medic119
    medic119 Posts: 80
    edited December 2011
    Options

It must be Pork Loin Sunday.  I just put one on at 07:15.  I rubbed it with Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express.  I mixed apple and hickory chip for the smoke.  Do I need to flip them half-way thru? 

Thomas Bubba's BBQ and Harris Family Catering Pigs on the Run Competition BBQ Team Medic-Que BBQ Team, LBGE, Party Q
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options

Mine take 1 hr 45 min to 2 hrs @ 275°-300°

I don't flip. I always let it rest for 20 minutes.

Also, I use cherry for smoke. I want a sweet wood to go with the honey or brown sugar.

Post some photos and tell us how they came out. 

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Well crap! Nobody took out the dough to thaw. Here are the veggies
    I had to chuckle at this, glad I'm not the only one!  

That loin looks delicious!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.