Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MED grill grate w/MED platesetter

Options
MM61
MM61 Posts: 4
edited August 2011 in Root

I am now the PROUD owner of (2) BGE's. I have a XL BGE and just purchased my 2nd BGE for additional cooking at the house PLUS for when we go camping (approximately 60 nights a year).  I could not stand another camping trip cooking WITHOUT a BGE!.  My frustration took its toll last month while camping in NC.  I caught MANY trout all week but did not have my beloved BGE for smoking!!!  My second BGE is a MED and I have ran in to a problem.  Here it is???

Unlike my XL, my med grill grate DOES NOT FIT outside the legs/post of my med platesetter?  Rather is sits on top of the platesetter which makes it VERY HARD to clean the grate before cooking.  The grill grate would need to be 15.5" for it to sit outside of the post (thus securing it to the platesetter). The MED grill grate is 15".  Additionally, if I am not careful, my MED platesetter can/has fallen off the lip and into the charcoal.  Am I missing something here???

Heading back to the mountains next week and want everything OK before I leave.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thank GOD I set up my table for (2) BGE's earlier this year - the (2) BGE's in an XXXL table LOOKS AWESOME (picture coming when I get use to this site)!!!

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    The medium grate just doesn't fit right. I have the same issue and have looked at every medium I have ever seen since and its the same way. My plate setter has never fallen into the fire ring though and don't believe it can. I would suggest getting the medium woo from the ceramic grill store so you have indirect cooking and raised cooking with just one accessory and sell the plate setter. I havent used the plate setter on my small or medium since I got Woos for them. Now I just need Woos for my larges and I can get rid of all my plate setters. Congrats on your new egg.
  • MM61
    MM61 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks - at least I know I am not crazy!