Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spare Ribs

Options
mtnbikeninja
mtnbikeninja Posts: 36
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Have I mentioned before that I love my egg. If it wasn't so heavy I would snuggle with it in bed, haha.

Started out Saturday around 8am and it was heavy rains in the area. Got the egg stabilized @ 250 and cooked my rack of spare ribs for 6 hours. Not once did I have to adjust the bottom or top vents to get temp control. The temp stayed at 250 the whole time.

The Ribs came out great and I tried out a new sauce with orange marmalade. I'm practicing for my annual party called Rib Fest which I host. Wish me luck!!image

Comments

• Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Ribs look delicious. I make a spicy sauce that starts with orange marmalade and most like it a lot. Poppers look good too!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    Options
    Good lookin cook. I like to play around with ribs as well, Asian flavors, maple hot sauce, habenjero peach glazed....mmm all are sooo good.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon