Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Bah Bah Ganoush - Grilled Eggplant dip/spread

GrilldogGrilldog Posts: 21
edited 10:28AM in Vegetarian
Ingredients2, 1 lb Eggplants
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbl fresh lemon juice
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tbl salt
1/4 tsp ground cumin
dash cayenne pepper (or to taste)
2 tbl chopped cilantro
lemon wedgesInstructionsUsing a veggie peeler, peel the eggplants and smoke at about 350-375 degrees for an hour. Using your favorite wood chucks to smoke the eggplant enhances this dish which separates it out from others. Once smoked remove as many seeds as you can.

Once the eggplant has cooled place in your food processor. Turn on the food processor and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. This is to emulsify the eggplant. Once emulsified stir in the remaining ingredients and use the Lemon Wedges as a garnish to your plate. NotesThis makes a great spread. I love it on my portobello Mushroom Burger. Grill a portobello cap and add tomato, onion, lettuce and spread this recipe on your bun. You'll be glad you did! Since it's Earth Month (April) I decided to provide this recipeNumber of Servings: Time to Prepare: 1 hour 15 minutes