Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Angie2B's Reverse ABT or AET

Angie2B
Angie2B Posts: 543
edited November -1 in Pork

Ingredients

• 3 lb boneless pork loin
• 1 pablano pepper, roasted, then finely chopped
• 1 jalapeno pepper, boiled, then roasted, then finely chopped
• &#189 of a container of chive and onion soft cream cheese
• &#189 package of skinless smoked sausage, finely chopped
• Your favorite rub
• enough bacon to wrap stuffed pork loin with one layer bacon

Instructions

I boiled the jalapeno pepper to cut down on the heat a tad. I wanted spicy, not painful, since this was a dinner entre, Then, in a preheated cast iron skillet, I roasted the peppers 'til they had some charred spots on them. After this, I set them in a covered bowl for a few minutes to soften up.

Next, I cut strings to tie up the roast and layed bacon on top of the strings. I placed the pork loin on top of the bacon and butterflied it in half. Spread the cream cheese on the loin, added the sausage and peppers. Finally, dust with your favorite rub, close it up, and wrap bacon and strings around it.

I cooked this in my mini with a handful of hickory chips at the beginning of the cook. I smoked it for approximately 1hr and 20min at 350 dome. Internal to 143, but I like it cooked longer than that , so I put it back on a while, I'm guessing to 155. I sat it in a small aluminum pan on top of little aluminum logs. I put apple juice in the bottom of the pan.

I took it off, let it rest for 15min, then sliced with an electric knife. Yummy for the Tummy Good! It had a spicey zing to it, but wasn't painful. Obviously, you could add more jalapeno peppers to it if you want it hotter, but this had a very nice flavor.

Notes

Note: Microwave the rest of the smoked sausage plain for the kids who don't like peppers or spice.

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: