Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fifth cook in four Days

Longrifle
Longrifle Posts: 130
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSCF0316.jpg
DSCF0318.jpg

Fourth cook, did some chops which were pretty good. The rapid rise in temperature in the chops surprised me. Almost bit me in the rear end. Checked them and they were all in the 125 range and 3 mins later they were 150 degrees. Snatched them of quickly at that point. Need to learn how quickly temp rises in diffrent things I will be cooking. The nice thing about this learning curve with the BGE is I get to eat. :whistle: Looking forward to doing my pork butt sat. night. That will be my first long on slow on the BGE. :laugh:

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    You get to eat your mistakes too, but it is all good!! :laugh:
    Love the duck :lol:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Why so little cooking, there are three meals a day ya know...

Great looking chops, something I have never done yet.

GG
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    If I didn't know any better, I'd say you've been smitten by the Egg, Longrifle..........
  • Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Nice look chops!!
  • Austex_Egger
    Austex_Egger Posts: 153
    Uhh... granted I'm relatively new here, but your saying that with 15K posts (would take more than a month or 2) that you've never done chops???
  • tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    Those are some good looking pork chops. That is on my list of things to try in the near future. Everything on the egg tastes better so the learning is fun. Thanks for sharing.
  • Longrifle
    LOL, I have this little called a job that allows me to shoot and cook, but, (always the but)the job takes me away from the finer things in life.........like the heretofor listed activities.

Transversal, You may have a vaild point :evil:. Enjoying the BGE!
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Did a good job of saving the chops anyway! Chicken breast are another that will get away from you in a hurry. Nice to see a newer member not trying to cook all the flavor out of there pork! :woohoo: Got to ask, What kind of job ya got unless its "classafied"! :whistle:
  • Longrifle
    JLOCKHART29 wrote:
    Did a good job of saving the chops anyway! Chicken breast are another that will get away from you in a hurry. Nice to see a newer member not trying to cook all the flavor out of there pork! :woohoo: Got to ask, What kind of job ya got unless its "classafied"! :whistle:

Nope, nothing like that anymore B) . I work for the Federal Bureau of Prisons at FCC Terre Haute. My job is Correctional Lieutenant. My basic tasking is being the shift commander (in the simplest terms). I have several additional duties, which include being an instructor for lethal and less lethal weapons systems, Baton instructor (not the band type, LOL), assistant squad leader for one of the emergency response teams, they keep me busy. I enjoy cooking,BBQ, grilling, ATV's, and the shooting sports. And until I win the lottery have to the one :( to afford the others. :)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Nope, never. Something I have to correct.