Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Melted Gasket

IQ2IQ2 Posts: 37
edited 2:51PM in EggHead Forum
OK, I must be a bonafide egghead now, I successfully melted the gasket on my XL yesterday. Wonder what other lessons are in store for this Texas girl?!
Paula West Texas

Comments

• EggObsessedEggObsessed Posts: 656
    Welcome and greetings from a fellow Texas girl. It didn't take us long to melt our gasket either. We just replaced our XL gasket with a Rutland gasket and we are really liking it. Did a 20 hour smoke yesterday and not a puff of smoke leaked out the sides. I was put in touch with RRP on the forum to order the Rutland from him. Nice man to do business with.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), watching sunsets on the waterfront at Lake Buchanan, TX.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  2 MiniMaxes. 36" Blackstone.
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 2,128
    Very nice man to do business with!

;)
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,909
    I did business with Ron also for my XL. Great guy and LOVE the Rutland!
    Packerland, Wisconsin