Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Breast

Options
Sirtom
Sirtom Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello,
Going into my third week of having my egg, I plan to cook a turkey breast this weekend. I have had outstanding results with a boneless pork roast, pork back ribs and chuck eye steaks with my egg. I am wondering the best way to cook the turkey breast. I did purchase the stands to hold whole chickens and turkeys...should I just plop the seasoned breast on a stand? I have learned a great deal reading the posts on this forum but I have yet to cross someone preparing a turkey breast. Any info would be great, thanks! Sirtom

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Sirtom,
    I usually just plop the breast, interior down, on the grill and cook it indirect around 325 degrees. I did a couple that didn't want to stand up, and I resorted to a V-rack to hold them.[p]HTH
    Ken

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    Sirtom,
    I just put one on. Indirect 325-250 until an internal temp of 160. I put a small amount of apple cider in a pan underneath of it. Turkey sandwiches for lunch :-) The best part though is that I'm on vacation at my parents house. I gave them an egg for Christmas so now when I'm here I can egg!!![p]John

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    Sirtom, The prior advice is sound, just don't continually poke them to check the temp as you will loose that valuable juice.
    Did these two last week for lunch. tom[p]turkeybreast.jpg

• Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    Those beauties look like they are wrapped in netting. Are they the boneless type? Are you happy with the boneless?
    I have always done the whole breast with the bone in.
    Seth

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    Crab leg, boneless and tender. I did not check but they probably had a solution added. 3 to 4 pound Costco specials, about $10 a piece. Tom

• Sirtom
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    thanks for the great pics and ideas....this forum is awesome. soon I will add a photo or two soon once I figure out how. I plan to do my first pork butt overnight cook soon. I can't believe how much time I spend thinking about what I'm going to cook on the egg next! thanks,, sirtom

• Sirtom
    Options
    JM3,
    the apple cider is a great idea...thanks!

• Sirtom
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    I will use the V rack for stability.....thanks!