Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Holiday Brisket

Options
Fletch 'n Teggxas
Fletch 'n Teggxas Posts: 135
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Saturday night I smoked a brisket for the 4th. This is the 4th brisket I've done and I think I have found the recipe that fits my friends and my taste perfectly. So I got that going for me, which is nice. And as a Texan...that's about as good as it gets.

Resting w/ mustard and dry rub
fa83b398.jpg

ASTEROID!! Pulled at 199*
49c67749.jpg

Only about a pound of leftovers. It got demolished!

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    What's your method/recipe? As fellow Texans, we have cooked 4 briskets over the past 4 weekends trying to perfect our method and still can't get it just right. (Luckily, we live right down the road from The Salt Lick and can go pick up some burnt ends when we need a quick "fix"!) What works best for you?
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Fletch 'n Teggxas
    Options
    Nice! Well I'm not sure if my method will beat Salt Lick but I'm pretty sure its better than Bill Miller! You're are making a ton of briskets down there, that's pretty serious action!

The trick I found is injecting the brisket (2oz/pound) 8hrs before putting it on, and then injecting it (4-6oz total) again when it starts to leave the plateau. This does make the brisket too tender to attempt ANY sort of decent presentation, but the flavor/texture turns out great!

My third brisket came out really well so I wrote down ridiculously detailed notes on everything I did so that I could replicate it. Send me an email at mfletcherac at gmail dot com and I will send the full recipe over.
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Thanks! I sent you an email.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Fletch 'n Teggxas
    Options
    Got it, just wrote you back. Thanks!