Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Look Ma! No time

Options
Conceal carry
Conceal carry Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Folks. Who out there has a good set up for
faster pork ribs. I only have about 2 hrs max
that I can grill. Time and temp please

Thanks always for the help

Comments

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Others will surely tell you how, one thing I've heard is to par boil the ribs first for about 20 mins. Then cook at a hight temp and you should be good in about 2 hours.
  • FSM-Meatball
    FSM-Meatball Posts: 215
    Options
    Forget the par boiling.

Here is how I made ribs before I had the egg-
    First, go here- http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/who-loves-ya-baby-back-recipe/index.html

My variation on Altons method is-

Get a large piece of Heavy Duty aluminum foil, big enough to fold over the ribs (like a foil pocket).

Put the ribs in the center of the foil

Rub your ribs with whatever you like, but I use a variation on the rub from the link above.

Fold the foil over and wrap the egdes together to seal it but don't wrap it tight, it should have plenty of space inside. Close up one end. Add 1 cup of orange juice and 1 cup of margarita mix (no tequila, just mix). Close the other end of the foil.

Put the foil packs in the oven at 350 for about 1.5-2 hours.

Take them out and they should be falling off the bone. Get them on the Egg and sauce them. They only need to be on long enough to caramelize the sauce.

This works great, I used it often before the egg.