Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Once Again, Chuck Eye...Ask your Butcher

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited 12:14PM in EggHead Forum
Beautiful, and 5.69 per pound everyday at the highest end grocery in San Antonio. Meat is better, and now a better price on this! Wow, it doesn't get much better, unless you count measurable rainfall.

chuck002.jpg

chuck005.jpg

chuck013.jpg

Comments

• Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,247
    Our H.E.B. keeps some on the shelf and the butcher will cut some for us if we ask.

The first time we tried a chuck eye steak we were very impressed. It was tender, moist, and very flavorful.

I think I'll get some on my next trip to the store.

Spring "Keep'n A Good Eye On Chuck" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,393
    Mike, your Chuck Eye steak looks awfully fine! :) One of these days my pea brain is going to remember to ask the butcher for that cut.

If I could I would bottle a zillion gallons of the rain that has fallen on Ohio the past month and sprinkle it over Texas.....just for you buddy!
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,691
    Mike we just go home and now have to make our own food :laugh:
    Yours looks good.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Nice looking steaks....don't know that I've seen any of these at Winn Dixie or Fresh Market. Will be on the lookout for them now, for sure. ;)
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,904
    Darn good price if your purchased it at CM. Looks like the mini did a fine cook and as always the tater tots look cooked to perfection. :laugh:
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Looks terrific. Tasty AND cheap! Perfect combo
  • They are great steaks! Try covering them with Kosher Salt (both sides) for about 30-45 minutes out of fridge, rinse and grill.
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    We would love you forever, Sweetie!
    CM it was. They are less there than at my neighborhood HEB. And the quality is much better. Go figure.
    I'll have to give that a try. Thanks.