Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

epaule de pique-nique de chocon....

HossHoss Posts: 14,600
edited 3:40PM in EggHead Forum
Or as we call it Picnic Shoulder. ;) :laugh:

100_4195.jpg

Gotta cook for my Dad in a couple weeks.Big trail ride.I smoked these to put in the beans.Gotta cook roasted corn,beans,chicken quarters and burgers for 80-100. :blink: My large won't cut it. :( :laugh: Gonna have to break out the BIG guns.

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,248
    Better get the still cooking also. Long trail ride.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    ;) Will do! :laugh:
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Those are beautiful Hoss! Your Dad is a lucky man to have a son that can cook like that. :)

Blair

Thanks GB.It is a pleasure and honor to be able to cook for him.Thank God everyday that I still got him with me. ;)
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Hoss, best times spent next to Dad, great gesture cooking for him my friend.
    Thanks Beli.Hope all is well with you and the family. :)
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    those are beautiful Hoss! that is going to be one very nice pot of beans!
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    Wow, that's a tall order. If anyone can do it, it's you, the Master to the Royal Court of 'Loney. :woohoo:
    Picnic shoulders look terrific. That's my favorite for pulled pork. Trail ride sounds like a lot of fun!
    Thanks julie.
    Thanks.
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

I hear ya Hoss. I was private cook to my parents for many, many years before they passed away. I was/am unemployed and it payed the bills. About every couple weeks I would offer to cook for a small dinner party and they could invite friends over. This was my mothers 90th birthday cake, the last one I needed to make. Yellow cake with 4 batches of 7 Minute frosting drizzled with melted baking chocolate, all from scratch.
    MomsBDCAke.jpg

I got to see my parents every day of the week and now have a world of memories of all the good times we had in their later years.

Blair