Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

boneless, skinless turkey?

Options
Hungry Celeste
Hungry Celeste Posts: 534
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I see boneless, skinless turkey at the supermarket meat counter from time to time (both breast & thigh meat). Does it cook like chicken? Was thinking of making satay with the thigh meat. TIA.

Comments

• Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    A whole boneless/skinless turkey??
    Wow, that's amazing! Bet Little Chef could create something fabulous and artistic outta that!
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Sounds like the beginnings of a Turducken.

Here are some ideas.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=245864&catid=1

Turkey, Breast, Boneless, Sandbagger

Steve Hemphill, I've been buying the Costco netted turkey breasts for about $4 a pound. It is all white meat except the skin. I take them out of the netting and doll them up. The picture is one stuffed with proscuitto, cheese, veggies and such. I've also done them with just pepper, salt, honey, turbino sugar and maple syrup. If you like you can remove the skin, add a rub, replace the skin and netting. I cook em per the instructions on the package and hit with heavy pecan smoke at the start. A couple days in the fridge and you have great sandwhich meat. Just one man and his dog's opinion...Tom

INGREDIENTS:

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Poultry

Recipe Source
    Author: Sandbagger

Source: BGE Forum, Sandbagger, 2006/02/20