Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.


golffergolffer Posts: 144
edited 8:44AM in EggHead Forum
Local (chain) resturant named Applebys has a dish called "Riblets". Can anyone tell me where this cut comes from? Thanks


  • BoroBGEBoroBGE Posts: 30
    Top portion of a baby back rib from my understanding.
  • Brew'nQueBrew'nQue Posts: 44
    They're technically called 'Button Ribs'...Applebee's came up with the term 'riblets' and they pretty much own the market on them now.
    ...from the sides of hog's spine behind the rearmost rib. There are no ribs on the hog there, just little nubs, or "buttons" attached to the backbone. Applebee's restaurants calls this cut riblets, but they are not what had been called riblets by butchers in the past. Because Applebee's has made them so popular, they can occasionally be found in stores under the name riblets.
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 5,940
    FWIW, there was a Jamaican restaurant I used to visit. They only used button ribs. It was the least meat on a rib I had ever had, but they managed to get what there was both crisp and succulent at the same time. Between that and their incredible flavor, I was generally pleased, even though left want lots more.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.