Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spice For A Hamburger??

Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm gonna cook up a nice, juicy burger later and feeling a bit adverturous, I'd like to try something other than the usual Cow Lick. I have Red Eye Express, Shakin' The Tree and Dizzy Dust on hand. Any suggetions?~~

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    package of Lipton's Onion Soup mix works fine with chopped onions and jalapenos.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Rascal
    Thank you for the idea. With malice toward none, I used that product until I discovered that it contained the dreaded hydrogenated oil. I won't touch anything that contains it, and the same goes for interesterified oils.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Redeye gives a good varied undertone flavor, subtle yet noticed.
  • Mickey
    I take it dried hydrogenated oil is not good for an egger?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I use alot of brown sugar, sweet onion diced finely, black pepper, salt, white pepper, and cayenne papper. Makes it sweet at first and then a little kick. They always go over well.
  • Rascal
    Thanks, gonna give it a go!
  • Rascal
    Google it and see what you think..
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Make your own, GG style. Great on burgers, steaks as well as pork and chicken.

On both sides shake
    . a nice coat of Worcestershire (pat into the meat)
    . salt (medium)
    . pepper (medium)
    . onion powder (medium)
    . garlic powder (light)
    . paperika (heavy)

If you particularly like any of these flavors add more.

GG
  • Rascal
    Thank you, sounds like a must-try! I have all the ingredients on board and saved the recipe!! 8 - ),,,
  • Mickey
    Ok Rascal I looked it up: Partially hydrogenated oils will not only kill you in the long term by producing diseases like multiple sclerosis and allergies that lead to arthritis, ...

Scratch that crap I suggested. Will make my own from today forward....Thanks

• Rafter R
    Rafter R Posts: 120
    I like the simple Lowry's Seasoned Salt or a Cajun spice blend. Simple but tasty.

strip sliced jalapeno and onion saute'ed in REAL butter as a topping. a gain simple but ohh soooo gooood
  • Rafter R
    Rafter R Posts: 120
    I like the simple Lowry's Seasoned Salt or a Cajun spice blend. Simple but tasty.

strip sliced jalapeno and onion saute'ed in REAL butter as a topping. a gain simple but ohh soooo gooood
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    I did burgers Monday night. Dizzy Dust, a second layer of Cowlick and a light top-coat of garlic powder. The "Princess" thought they were awesome! :woohoo:
  • Rascal
    I'm glad to hear that you did some research. I've been onto the hydrogenated oil thing since the food hawks started crying 'foul' over 10 years ago. Now the food manufacturers are trying to dupe the public with 'no trans fat' labels while using interesterified oils instead (which are even worse for you)! Margarine was/is a sham and is worse for you than butter (along with many other 'low-fat' products)! Read the fine print on the labels (ever wonder why it's 'fine'?) and if there are too many ingredients that boggle your mind, leave it behind! Unless you're buying whole/fresh foods, extended/prolonged shelf life is what makes the food people rich and makes you sick!! I can only hope that you and others here will take all this to heart...
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    You sure have the right brand! I'm a succer for Raisin the Steaks on any beef. Too much and it ruins it, but just a little shake or two on both sides...steak, roast or burger, it's great. Doesn't hurt to shake a little lemon pepper (anybody's) on there with it.