Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Atlanta - Mini for sale

Options
BGElovr
BGElovr Posts: 83
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Comments

• BGElovr
    BGElovr Posts: 83
    Options
    If I didn't have two mini's already, I'd jump on it.
  • RU Eggsperienced
    RU Eggsperienced Posts: 1,527
    Options
    What is the normal price of these?
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    It's got the old style draft door, so it's gotta have the 9.5" grid. Did those even come with a DFMT?
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Austin Egger
    Austin Egger Posts: 256
    Options
    My local shop has them for $399 and about $50 something for the nest. I believe if you shop around you can find them for the $350 range with the good hinge, new thermometer and SS grid.
  • Bobbareeno
    Bobbareeno Posts: 40
    Options
    One more question. Looking at his pictures.....why is there no place for the thermometer? The only thing I can think of is the lid is on backwards??? Or was there an older version of the mini that didn't have a thermometer??

Bob
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I have that same style mini. You have to put a layer of felt around the top vent to make the new tops work or it is really loose.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    If you are looking to buy this you'll have alot of work to do to be happy with it. The old style band barely opens as you can see so it cost me $60 for the new band (which doesn't fit until you put 2 layers of felt under the band on top and bottom). Then I had to buy a DMFT which also didn't fit until I put a layer of gasket around the top vent. Then I was looking at new minis and realized how much bigger the new fire ring is compared to the ones that came with this model so I got one of those like another $30 (Didn't fit, had to use by bench sander for about 2 hours on it to get it to fit). After all this I have to say I love my mini (I paid $100 for it originally) but might just get a new one if I had to do it over.

Fire ring before sanded
    RingBefore.jpg

Old mini cooking space
    OldRing.jpg

New mini cooking space
    NewRing.jpg

Mini campin
    Picture308.jpg
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Lit, Have you tried using both rings for raised cooks? Will the lid close with both? I think there were a few folks that did that.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE