Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

life is good

Options
benny
benny Posts: 109
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
LONG:
Four butts on for youth church group tomorrow and the flying pig brought me a Nat Sherman to smoke and a few beers to go with it. Didn’t get to Q much last year. Forgot how much I like sitting on the deck, the blues on the stereo, a good smoke, a few beers and the quiet of the night.. a chance to reflect.
The tornados hit hard even in east Tennessee. Up at 8 to join a group of 10 young men, my son and high schoolers who decided to help people hit by the storm. Moved debris, chain sawed , and move downer till 3pm. Raced home so my son and a few of the others could clean up and pick up their dates for high school prom. I’m proud that these guys organized helping a family on their own, even with a big evening ahead of them.
My wife helped some other women but on a dinner for a group of the kids going. I had a good laugh when she told me the father “grilled” kabobs on the gasser while he had an egg on the patio!” the egg is too hard and time consuming; I like the “grill” better. She told him I had one and love it so much I’m getting another, bigger one (xl) , she said he looked at her like I must be nuts.
Made me feel good when my daughter said she wanted us to host her prom dinner when she gets to go..prime rib on the egg,
Life is good. I feel good reflecting on the good simple things in life..family, good Q, a good smoke, a beer, the smell of hickory and pork, and the still of the night…. But im old and sore from all that chainsawing!

Comments

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    GREAT story benny!!!! We all learn to appreciate what is important in life!! Please, keep doing what you are doing! Our prayers go out to all affected by these storms! And while you can, enjoy your times as a young family, as it sounds that you are! Life is too precious. ;)
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Benny, after reading the newspaper this morning, your post brought a big smile to my face.

You are indeed correct, life is good! :)