Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Athens Question

Options
Desert Oasis Woman
Desert Oasis Woman Posts: 5,604
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With the Best Western and the Holiday Inn full, where are others staying?
Where will the after party take place?
What are the scheduled events at the fest?
Sounds like interest is still going strong!!

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Kari:

I emailed them from the addy on the fest page with url
    from your post.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Thanks
    Hope you find a spot to lay your bod ;)
  • Bigjohn
    Bigjohn Posts: 144
    Options
    The party will be where ever you are! :laugh:
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Where are most staying?
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    At the BW and the HI :)
  • 4Soggy
    4Soggy Posts: 18
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Sorry it's taken so long to get back with you. Darlene and I have been under the weather, and haven't been online.

I've spoken to the manager of the Holiday Inn Express (903-675-2500, Cecilia Little) and she has rooms available (11 Kings and 4 Double-Queens) and will extend our room block there through May 10th, possibly longer. The manager of the Best Western (903-292-1750, Prashant Patel) has assured me that he will have additional rooms available after May 1st. He currently has another group's rooms blocked but feels that they will not use all the rooms reserved.

As of right now, the final home of the After Party hasn't been decided, mainly because Darlene & I have never been to one and don't know what is required of the location. We could always hold it at the Fisheries Center, of course. That's a given. There's also the Lake Athens Marina. The Best Western has an outdoor pool, but the patio surrounding it is not very large. Of course, we could always flow indoors if need be. The Holiday Inn has an indoor pool and the patio around it would be large enough, but it might be too humid for everyone. Thoughts???

The Meet & Greet will be Friday night at the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center - around 6pm. When they check in, all cooks will receive a gift bag with gift cards for Brookshire's. You can either use the card to buy supplies or gasoline. Don't forget, the manager there (Sandra Miller, 903-675-6680) has offered to fill any special orders for specialty cuts of meat or condiments if placed before Wednesday, May 18th.

Finally, I'll be making nametags for all of our cooks, vendors, and registered guests. If you know of someone who hasn't registered but will be attending, please make sure they let me know so we can put them into the group to receive doorprize tickets, etc.

Guys, I'm really pumped about the event! We've got quite a few registered to cook - including about 5 newbies. They're really looking forward to the help of the eggsperts!!!

See you soon . . .
    Big Al