Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More Gulf Coast Eggfest (pic hvy)

Misippi Egger
Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My neighbor, good friend, and new Egger, Mike, and I had a great time at this year's Gulf Coast Eggfest. Thanks to George & Mike of Grate, Grills & More, as well as the number of other helpers whose names I don't know! :woohoo: Y'all put on a great Fest - great location, great weather, great food, great time !

I forgot to pack my good camera :( , so these pics are from either Mike's or my iPhones. (As you can see from what we cooked, we didn't get around to take many pics of other Eggers. Grillin Guy has a post further down with some other people's cooks).

Group pics as we were setting up and some of us doing some breakfast treats:
Pete & Judy Wilson - our tent neighbors - couldn't hardly wait for the brownies!
Gulfcoastguy (with the LSU hat :angry::) )
photo_27.jpg
Terry (Grillin Guy) - our other tent neighbors.
photo_26.jpg
photo_25.jpg
Serving up a veggie-filled (and deer sausage) frittata:
photo_2_2.jpg
photo_2_2_2.jpg
Here's Grillin Guys' bone-in, Maple & Honey pork chops:
photo_3.jpg
Pete and Judy with her brother Barry (winner of the "Mini" door prize).
photo_5.jpg
Not passing the "bend test" yet. Sous Chef, Mike (Eggs Parte) ready with the Spritzer bottle:
photo_7.jpg
I brought my Small and kept a Himayalan salt block at 400*. Mike and I seared several proteins, then I did a demo at 1 pm for the Fest goers. First sear was thin-cut pieces of NY Strip Steak. Nobody could believe the taste imparted by the salt block - no marinade or seasonings added other than some pepper!;
photo_10.jpg
Then Mike added some shrimp (frozen, peeled, deveined & precooked :whistle: ):
photo_2.jpg
photo.jpg
Demo crowd:
photo_11.jpg
Seared to perfection! (Tuna had sesame oil, ponzo sauce, DP Tsunami Spin and a lite coat of DP Ragin River):
photo_17_2.jpg
Slicing:
photo_18.jpg
Help yourself (This lady is owner of a new / demo large :woohoo: ):
photo_20.jpg
Served with Ponzo dipping sauce and wasabi:
photo_22.jpg
CWM ribs - ready for saucing with Carnivore Sweet. They were served shortly after this and were quickly consumed. :ohmy: Thanks, Carwash Mike ! ;)
photo_4_2.jpg
One of the BBQ Sundaes / Parfiats - really neat presentation:
Scoop of baked beans, layer of slaw, and topped with sauced pulled pork:
photo_24.jpg

Comments