Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone in Ontario want to go Halfsies on Charcoal

Options
Topo Gigio
Topo Gigio Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,
Nella Cutlery on Norfinch (400/finch area North York, Ontario) has a deal on Maple Leaf Lump 20lb bags. If you buy 20 or more bags its $12.50/bag. If you buy less its $14.50/bag.

Good price either way, but I was wondering if anyone wants to go halfsies with me and buy 10 bags.

Thanks,
Paul

Comments

• Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    That makes me cry. I pay $24 :pinch: for each one of those out here...

Doug
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Paul, That' what I paid two years ago at the Norfinch location, except now it's extra 8% tax due to HST. I did two more group buys after that with forum members at the Mississauga location, same price. btw, it's 8kg. I still have 19 assorted bags (mostly ML) in the garage, sorry.

If you can't find someone to join you, shoot me an email, I can share some info with you on Basques lump charcoal in the GTA. It's also from Quebec and price is competitive with ML at Nella. This is what I want to try when my ML run low.

Gary
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
    I hear you Doug, that hurts man!
    Gary
    canuckland
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    Hey Gary:

Have you tried Basques yet? I picked up at bag of Basques. I thought it smelled great, there were lots of "fireworks" more than ML which I found unusual, I could taste the charcoal (in a good way), my guests said there was no notable difference.

I didn't have a preference (one over the other) so I'd probably make a decision based on price and convenience. That would be Nellas Mississauga (5 minutes from me)

Paul - I might be interested in a bulk buy but I won't be ready for anything like that until May. (ie: we're going to do a reno April/May so I won't have any storage until after the reno.

Michael
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Michael, haven't tried Basques yet, at the rate I'm going the 19 bags on hand will last me another year at least! More reno after that big kitchen reno? you must be loaded man! See you at Dickson's Toronto fest.
    Gary
    canuckland
  • SkySaw
    SkySaw Posts: 656
    Options
    Hi there - I could use 10 bags, and I will be in that part of the city tomorrow (Saturday) around 11:45 - noon.

Does that work for you?

Mark
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    Actually building an office at home - I'm tired of moving my computer and printers in to rooms that have space.

Once we get some decent weather, I can move the office out to the patio. ha ha!

Michael