Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ping Nature Boy

Grillin GuyGrillin Guy Posts: 302
edited 6:33PM in EggHead Forum
Chris, I just received my order today (two pound each of Raging River Rub, Raising The Steaks and Shakin The Tree)and I was wondering about the shelf life. Should I keep these in the freezer?

bd8c582f.jpg

Thanks so much for making such great quality product. Everything from the taste of the product, to the ease of ordering. to the timely shipping says volumes about your business.

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    Terry,, I buy in bulk also and keep the bags in the freezer with no problems or flavor loss.
  • Grillin GuyGrillin Guy Posts: 302
    Thanks Pat.
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,523
    Thanks for having the faith to sprinkle our stuff on your meat!

Light, air, heat and moisture are all enemies of fresh spices. We start out fresher than most, so that helps, but your rub will taste a little mellower and flavors will shift as time goes on. Simply keeping tightly closed and in a cool dark place and you'll still get some decent flavor even after 2 years. If, down the road, you want to experience the true zip DP is known for, freezing is not a bad idea, especially if it will be more than 6 months, and vacuum sealing first is even better.

Thanks again, and happy cookin!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Grillin GuyGrillin Guy Posts: 302
    Thanks, Chris!