Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Charcuterie,smoked 6 hour chicken

Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
edited 2:39AM in EggHead Forum
delicious!
2enaxph.jpg
This recipie came from my new book Charcuterie. You brine,air dry & smoke at very low temp. Dome 200 degrees for first 4 hours, bumped to 225 for 1 hour then 275 for last hour. Sorry for the indoor pic but we were having a hail storm at the time. Disco ball was a rockin :laugh:
Got some fresh maple syrup last weekend! Did one bird with a maple bourbon glaze & one with fresh herbs.
2ugcwi0.jpg
24oca9v.jpg
shots along the way :)
34q3b49.jpg
dwyrh5.jpg

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    NICE! :)
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Lookin good Susan.
    So will we see any lamb dishes soon?
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Now that looks deelicious...I gotta try that. :)
  • Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    NO!!! :ohmy: They were so cute.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Susan,

Looking good girl. Those lambs look tasty too :P

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Looks gre Always love the nature shots.at Susan!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • LovenbrauLovenbrau Posts: 307
    Good looking cook! What are the benefits of cooking low and slow with chicken? I have not done it yet, mostly cook chicken around 350?
    tasty, give it a try (when you are not in a hurry :laugh: )
    Thanks! I really like the last shot, look at the background :)
  • Hi, Susan. Chicken sounds like it was good. I would have snagged me some lamb for dinner.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 2 Smalls, 1 well-used Mini