Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What Is Your Favorite Oriental Hot Mustard?

thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited 12:58AM in EggHead Forum
SBHotMustard.jpg

I tried some of this at happy hour, curious what you like.
Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments

• Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,991
    I just make my own. Coleman's Dry Mustard, a little water, a little salad oil, a few drops of vinegar, a little sugar, all to taste. Let it stand for a while to bloom.
    Judy in San Diego
  • davehempdavehemp Posts: 109
    Coleman's Dried Mustard is one of my favorite "secret ingredients - great in potato salad, cole slaw, barbecue sauce, and lots of other stuff - Love it!
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,017
    Gotta say, I'm with Judy and Dave with the Coleman's. Far superior to others marketed as Chinese mustard I have tried. :)
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,017
    Gotta say, I'm with Judy and Dave with the Coleman's. Far superior to others marketed as Chinese mustard I have tried. :)
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Never tried any. :( I'll see what we have locally.
  • I agree with the others, It's Coleman's Dry Mustard, I think it is an English mustard. Just mix with a little water, let it stand for a bit - and that's it.

I wonder if you'd use Japanese wasabe instead? A sort of horseradish in green. Comes in tubes like tooth paste, but tastes waaaay different.