Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ideas for Top Round Roast

Options
FSM-Meatball
FSM-Meatball Posts: 215
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The wife brought home a top round roast, anyone have a good egg recipe?

Any good recipes or just general cooking methods are appreciated.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Here you go.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=829650&catid=1

Beef, Roast, Top Round, ClayQ

Jacqui McNaughton,Mornin Jacqui. Don't know why you didn't get some help by now....maybe everyone's busy cookin. Beef round roast is cut from a big muscle in the back leg, is lean and easy to cook. The tricky part is not overcooking this cut to keep it juicy and tender. So I'll suggest indirect (not directly over the burning lump but in a rack, in a drip pan) and cook to 135-140 internal with some hickory smoke. Let the meat rest after cooking for about 20 minutes before making very thin slices. You can marinate or brine this cut of meat....I've done both... I use a light brine ratio of one cup Kosher salt to one gallon water so it's not overly salty.Hope this helps. I'm cooking a beef roast today and it's gonna be good.Have fun,Clay

INGREDIENTS:

Recipe Type
    Beef, Main Dish

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, ClayQ, 2007/09/09