Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fred\'s Franks Annual Opening!

SundownSundown Posts: 2,902
edited 7:58PM in EggHead Forum
Beautiful day in the low 70º's a good breeze coming across the nearby lake.

A small crowd waited patiently as the Pearls, Linguica and sausages grilled on the Big Green Egg!

Opening day had Fred himself helping the new owner feed the anxious and hungry crowd. Shouts of welcome back, high fives and colorful fun banter kept the friendly crowd on its feet and held their attention.

As stike arrived a parking space opened on the street right in front of Fred's! I, on the other hand, had to park a quarter of a mile away in a fire lane. I'm sure stike didn't care any more than any of you.

The first Pearl franks of the season were farkin' awesome! Juice dribbling down our chins and the flavors of the habanero mustard and onions adding just the right accent to our lunch. The 120 mile round trip was well worth it and to spend some time with stike rounded out my day.

I feel bad for you folks that can't enjoy something that has become an icon here in Massachusetts. Maybe some day . . .
·

Comments

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    WOW...Sounds like a fun time.I still have a few Pearl's down here in Georgia in my freezer.I guess it's time to reorder 50# for summer.

Larry
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,285
    Carey,

Pretty sure I know the answer already but who bought? ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • kirstenlkirstenl Posts: 29
    Whereabouts in North Attleborough? I don't live all that far away....

Kirsten
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,181
    Kirsten, directions are here...

http://www.fredsfranks.com/

Never been, but maybe one of these days.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • kirstenlkirstenl Posts: 29
    Sweet. Nice to learn about local offerings. I work pretty close to Butcher Boy and our home office is in roxbury.

Kirsten
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Ha.
    He did.
    He said I bought last time, but I didn't think so

But I bought the first thirty or so times though. He's like that.
    Hahaha
    Was a beautiful day out there. Finally.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,902
    On McKeon Dr.
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,181
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·