Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Upcoming NiEggarafest

chocdoc
chocdoc Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dropped in to Lakeshore Living on Tuesday. Nick was finally able to pin Chris from Hernder Estates Winery to a date.

Looks like Sunday Aug 21. We will apparently have a much better location than last year, right up beside the winery. So regular washrooms, no porta-potties, easy connection to the wine samples!

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Kerry,

August! Way better idea

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• chocdoc
    Yeah, no danger of it being too cold!
  • Little Steven
    Limited danger of it being too cold

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Too cold in August????
    Come on you guys.
    It's T shirt weather here today at 44 F. ;)
    Actually that may be a bad timeframe for me to get away, with school starting here.
  • After what the Hernder's did to us last year, putting us way out in the hay field in the back forty and treating us like red-headed step children, I think I would tell them to cram it and find another venue. Just my 2 cents.

Mark
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Glad to hear that a decision has been made.

August 21 - hand out speedos at the door and make sure there's plenty of water!

Great time of year to vacation in Ontario!

Michael
  • Little Steven
    Mark,

I thought Hernder was the host of number 1 and then checked. I agree totally.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• chocdoc
    I think the reason we were relegated to the back 40 was that it was a Saturday and there were weddings going on. That was part of the decision to go for a Sunday this year to get the better location.

I think (some of) the Hernder people were just as frustrated as we were - and I'm pretty sure everyone will be trying harder this time around. I've been out to the winery a couple of times since the eggfest and the family members couldn't have been more accommodating to me. So we'll keep our fingers crossed!

But indeed it will be warm in August in Ontario - warm and muggy.
  • Kerry, we both are aware of what the problems were last year, from the location to the Meet & Greet to that food the cooks ordered and didn't get. There were multiple F ups. That being said, I still had a great time. I hope, given a second opportunity, that they are better prepared and do what they can to make amends for last year.
  • chocdoc
    Weekend Warrior wrote:
    Kerry, we both are aware of what the problems were last year, from the location to the Meet & Greet to that food the cooks ordered and didn't get. There were multiple F ups. That being said, I still had a great time. I hope, given a second opportunity, that they are better prepared and do what they can to make amends for last year.

It was my first eggfest - so while frustrated - I didn't know it should be any different! This year I will have higher expectations.