Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks To Quenut!

GeorgiaBorn
GeorgiaBorn Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Quenut trecked to Canton, GA this morning from south Georgia to pick up my XL nest and side trays and told me about a place in Atlanta called Restaurant Depot. Never been there or even heard about it before. You have to have a business license to become a member there. This is a place where many restaurant owners shop for supplies, food, etc. So I gathered up my documents and my wife and I went there this afternoon.

Bought 18lb USA Royal Oak lump for $8 a bag. Grabbed 10 of those. Bone-in pork butts for $1.34 a pound. Bought 4 of those, each weighing in excess of 10lbs! Angus briskets were priced so so at $2.34 a pound and beef short ribs (uncut) were just under $3 a pound. Picked up one brisket and 4 HUGE slabs of the short ribs, each slab with 4 ribs. I've smoked them once and they are incredible. Fred Flinstone would love them! I think the lump was my best deal since I buy the Greenwise now at Publix for about $6 for a 8lb bag.

Anyway, nice to meet you Quenut and thanks for the tip. See you at the next cookoff contest here in N. Georgia. :)

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    You did good. I know there are others here that are able to use R.Depot also, good you were able to get in.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • quenut
    quenut Posts: 2
    Nice meeting you and you wife also. Thanks for the nest and side trays. I will be adding to my egg collection soon and this will save me some money. Restaurant Depot is a great place and I am glad you enjoyed you visit there. Look forward to seeing you again.