Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

cleaning plate setter

TnVolKenTnVolKen Posts: 198
edited 9:57AM in EggHead Forum
OK,I give up I keep seeing all these clean plate setters, how do you do it? Mine are nasty.

Comments

• A good Hot fire!!!
  • EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 1,125
    Nothing like pizza night to clean the platesetter :)
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010), Mini Max (2015)
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,802
    A hi-temp burn (WFO) for an hour or so will clean your plate-setter & all mighty fine!!~~
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Some wrap it in foil. I use to but have not in a long time. :)
  • Alexis' is clean because she won't let me use her Egg :P :woohoo:

Mine stays rather blackened except for the after a high temp indirect cook like pizzas.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • High Temp cooks for an extended period... The inside of my Lg (firebox&fire ring) looks very clean after the periodic 6 pizza effort @550-600F... The fire facing side of the Platesetter also looks almost brand new too. \

Haven't figured out a "dome" cleaning..Yet!
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,048
    You've already gotten the high temp burn off suggestions - then after that clean up I suggest you always wrap the exposed part with foil. Seeing the amount of crud that ends up after each cook it will soon make a believer out of you!. Personally I am NOT a cleaning freak in the least part, but some plate setters I have seen in use would make me turn heels and walk away! I even foil my PS that I use in my medium egg that has never had meat cooked in it as I reserve it strictly for baking. Works for me!
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!