Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

flashes of blue...

Boilermaker BenBoilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
edited 8:23AM in EggHead Forum
...inside the egg, and out.

Grilled in a sleet storm last night, and witnessed thundersleet. That's a new one by me.

Also got my quarterly eyebrow/arm hair trimming. Poof.

Hot dogs from the local butcher were good, though.

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Don't feel too bad Ben, after all my years I flashed myself pretty bad last Sunday. -RP
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    You can keep the thunder sleet. :unsure:

Ah the ole eyebrow/arm hair trimming by cooking hot dogs from the local butcher cook. Congrats! :laugh:
    Hope your OK :)
  • Uh oh. Not burned, I hope. This one wasn't too bad. Not nearly as frightening as the time I got my eyelashes.
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Burned the hairs inside my nose and couldn't make the smell go away. :laugh:-RP
  • No ill effects. Barely even felt the heat, what with the sleet coming down. Just a little flash-poof-sizzle.
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    glad the dogs were good,
    glad you got the sleet and not me
    not so glad to here about the flashback, i got one last week doing steaks when the wind was blowing 30+mph from the north and my egg is on the north side of the house, i burped the egg twice and lifted the dome and whammo! i think everyone that owns an egg will get one, just hope that they are all minor and only take arm hair! :) :(
  • Blue is good! It's a clean fire when you blue ;) !!
    We've had thunder-snow this year in MN....
    where in mn are you?
  • Yeah, in the blizzard a few weeks ago, we had thundersnow, but somehow it wasn't audible/visible at our house, so I missed it. I had been looking forward to it. Instead, I got the thundersleet the other night.

There was pretty funny video of one of our weathermen going ape-poop over thundersnow during the blizzard, which went viral. I maintained a little better composure during the thundersleet and flashback. ;)
  • I'm north of Grand Rapids.
    Where are you?
    west fargo, sorry this is so late