Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

sliding air door dimensions on bge

Options
UPEgger
UPEgger Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have two large bge's and one mini enroute. I am looking at purchasing a DigQ II in the next week or so. DigiQII lists a blower adapter for the bge large, med and small. Not the mini. The question: Is the mini and the small lower sliding air door dimensionally the same????

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    You'll most likely end up blowing ashes on your meat using it on the mini...there's a reason an adapter isn't offered for the mini...not sure what..but there's a reason...
  • UPEgger
    Options
    I did not think of that aspect... Thanks.
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Congrats on the new eggs. The small/mini have the same draft door dimensions. Just like the large/medium share the same draft door.
  • Hatch
    Hatch Posts: 149
    Options
    With the small 4cfm fan or the 10cfm choked down considerably I don't think ashes should be of any concern.

Kenny
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Good to know...personally don't see the need in it...but we are an inventive bunch around here..hope all is well my friend.
  • UPEgger
    Options
    Thanks again for the sliding door dimension info. Llife is getting complicated in eggworld. I have had a large in the UP of Mich. but thought it was too much of a hassle to transport it down to southern CA for the winter. So I wound up getting a 2nd large for CA. That solved the transportation problem quite nicely. With just the two of us I think the mini will actually be more useful, for us, than the large ones.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    looks like it's too late now, but personally I like my small more than my mini - as it is bigger and more versatile, yet light enough to pack around with ease. As for using a Guru on a mini - not sure why you would even want to. It's not like you are going to be doing long overnight cooks - it doesn't hold much lump at all. Just MO. :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.