Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Night shift =No Egging for at least 2 weeks

BigBadger
BigBadger Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
:ohmy: The unthinkable has happened. I've been put on nights, which means home by 1:am which also means no egging until the shift is completed. :ohmy:

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    If you're single you could but a little harder if you have family members trying to sleep. Just have to turn your day around some. It sucks though. When I was working I liked 5 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. I'm not a night person.

Even now I usually get up at 4:30 or 5 but I don't have to. :woohoo:

Good Luck,
    Bordello
  • BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    I do 95% of all cooking in the house and have been for 10 years. Glynis is going to have to re-familiarize herself with MY kitchen, and her kitchen time management skills!
    On the other hand I tore apart my old gasser and took it to work (I work on a military base) and turned it into a Lump burner..... so I may be able to BBQ a little.... assuming the MP's or military firemen don't come sniffing about.....
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    What's your shift time? I've worked 12 hour swing shift for 15 years now, and it's never kept me from egging ;) Cook before you go in. B)
  • I am away from home at least one night a week and work long days a few others. I just cook a bunch of stuff for the whole week. I have a bunch of chicken in the fridge now and going to do some salmon tonight.