Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Elfster Tony R

Options
icemncmth
icemncmth Posts: 1,165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Came home Sat and this was sitting on my counter!.

Can't wait to try everything.

elfchristmas.jpg

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Let me know how you like that white Gibson white sauce. You got alot of cooking to do.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Molly, if you want to a clone

Alabama White Barbecue Sauce

Ingredients:
    1 cup mayonnaise
    1 cup cider vinegar
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne
    Preparation:
    Mix ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before using. Brush lightly over chicken, turkey or pork during the last few minutes of grilling. This barbecue sauce is also great as a dipping sauce so set some aside before you start grilling to serve on the table
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Cool, thanks Dan! Do you like it? I can't wrap my head around a white meat sauce. For pasta, yes.
    I'll give it a try.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    Molly,
    I made it using the above recipe, and our gang loved it! It's different (especially for my people), but very, very good.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback Jason.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Molly it is good stuff but it is a different flavor profile. It is used locally to dip chicken in after smoking (baptism by white sauce) You can then serve some on the side and you are good to go.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks Gene. Think I'll be trying it next weekend with some chick parts.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    The Greek sauce is amazing. We use the white on all kinds of meat, even dip pizza into it. Mix it 50/50 with slaw dressing for a kicked up slaw too. You got hooked up!
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Thanks for the info!!!