Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hey all you working stiffs - IT\'S FRIDAY!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Guess I'm in a good mood because 6 years ago today I retired and every day is like a Friday! :P
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    You always seemed like a pretty decent guy. Another myth bites the dust. :P

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    Must be nice. ;) Several more years for me.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • RRP
    Options
    I blew my cover, huh? :laugh:
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    dont think ill ever get to do that. did get a 20 dollar raise today though, some how someone thought i didnt need to put 20 bucks a week into a failing ss system :laugh: good to be able to keep today what i wont get tomorrow :laugh: :huh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    Options
    my only advice is to plan and $ave. Good luck!
  • RRP
    Options
    I understand - but with the life you live when you're not at the shop you ought to be one relaxed dude, Mike! But, hide that $20 anyway!
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Thanks for rubbing it in. Happy anniversary and hopefully many more years of retirement to come.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Thanks for that man! My plan was out by 50 and that went by. 60 might be possible now but it's looking more like later.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RRP
    Options
    Thanks - I was not rubbing it in - just trying to give others hope and a wishful dream moment to break from whatever. ;)
  • RRP
    Options
    60 was my up and out goal for years and I made it! One thing I know for certain is the older you get don't slow down - speed up as there's less time left!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    its pretty sad seeing how little is in my 401k and how much ive lost over the years :laugh: its pretty funny looking up and seeing how much my fishing tackle is now worth. :whistle: some of its gone up in value enough that its absurd :woohoo: :woohoo: and i got to use it all those years. simple stuff like a cheap 25 dollar book on landlock streamer flies now going for over 200 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 20 bucks a week is going into fishing equipment :) hows that for a plan. maybe if every egger were to send me an old fishing reel thats gathering dust in an attic, garage, cellah i could find a way to retire early :laugh: ive got this nice bridge to sleep under scoped out for retirement :ermm:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    Options
    I hear you! At least your fishing tackle collection goes up and up since they are unique, antique and not over produced. OTOH one of our collections made with the thought of a type of investment over the last 44 years have been Hummel figurines. We have over 40 pieces and spent some serious dollars acquiring them. Now we have discovered that due to over-production their value is only a token of our cost. Thankfully we have enjoyed looking at them but now they are a collection of questionable value they seem more like dust magnets!
  • Egg Master 3000
    Options
    I'm a little over a year in to my career... :whistle:
  • RRP
    Options
    LOL - look on the bright side - you've got a longer life ahead of you to enjoy your eggs! I didn't buy my first one until I was 56!
  • RRP
    Options
    darn, I hate those squinty pictures of me - how did you get that? :woohoo:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    check your mail
  • RRP
    Options
    got it and it has already been shared with both of my living friends - or do I have 3 living friends?...let me go check the obits! :laugh:
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Happy Retirement Anniversary to you! I'm a few years away from that special day. I look forward to it more and more every day - and since I didn't hit the Powerball this week I'll do what I do every other Friday. Thank the good Lord for my job and the week I've just put in - give thanks for the weekend ahead, and do it all over again starting next Monday.

Enjoy the good life! :)
  • RRP
    Options
    Powerball - I understand! Up here in Illinois we have a Lotto where you can buy 2 chances for a buck. We used to call those our $1 annuity and would pool several dollars every Friday. Never won squat, but it was an up lifting effort every Friday just hoping for the hours before the drawing!...then Monday rolled around and we started all over. :laugh:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Ron, down here we call it our redneck 401 :whistle:
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Must be nice, I'm happy for ya. My retirement plan will kick in when I'm 85 or when I can't get out of bed, which ever comes first.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    heck, i'm 44 and barely work now as it is.....

:laugh:

taking a little time now (and all the way through) instead of a lot at the end
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • RRP
    Options
    Clay, 85? you mean 55 - right! You will become RICH selling those Terrific tables that you make, once you cut loose, my friend!
  • RRP
    Options
    LOL - 44??? That was the year I was born! Be good and Good night...my pillow is calling!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    it's all a big conveyor belt, man. trick is to not laugh at someone because they are on a different part of the belt than you. cause you were either there, or you are headed there. ;)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Ron I retired one week ago...12-31-10 and so far I love it.

Larry
  • RRP
    Options
    Trust me, it just gets better. It took me about 3 months to really relax though. Now, enjoy the fruits of your years in the job force.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    and now every day is a Saturday....LOL
  • RRP
    Options
    you betcha! however the day the fat paper comes that's a Sunday!