Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fattie Wellington

Options
70chevelle
70chevelle Posts: 280
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made this yesterday for a New Years Eve party. I was looking for a 'different' fattie and adapted this from Tyler Florence's Ultimate Beef Wellington recipe. Took a little time, but was very tasty. I used 2# of sage sausage. The stuffing is finely chopped onions, coursely chopped mushrooms, garlic sauteed in butter and evoo, and seasoned with salt, pepper and thyme. After I rolled the fattie, I seared it and then layered proscuitto on it. After that, I smeared a little dijon mustard on puff pastry dough and then wrapped the fattie in the puff pastry. Baked it at 425 for about 45 minutes, until the internal was 160* and the dough was golden brown. Here's a few pics.
003-10.jpg
007-7.jpg
010-9.jpg
013-4.jpg
014-4.jpg
015-4.jpg
016-4.jpg

It opened up a little on me so I tied it up and it stayed pretty well after it rested. It was a big hit at the party. I also submitted this in the recipe section.

Comments