Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NYE Dinner on 2 Larges

SmokinGuitarPlayer
SmokinGuitarPlayer Posts: 698
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since I don't seem to get any New Years Eve gigs anymore (after 35 in a row), I had 2 Large Eggs going last night ... here's the result ...1st Egg was setup indirect for Twice-baked potatoes, Egg #2 was setup direct for Lobster (dwell in the shell method) and "Redeye Ribeyes" ... Ok..we sauteed the asparagas on the kitchen stove ..this was one of our best NYE dinners yet. I was planning to bake some artisan bread on Egg #1 also but I ran out of ambition!
FB/SGP

file.php?id=60

file.php?id=59

file.php?id=58

file.php?id=57
Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 

Comments

• NICE! That's EXACTLY why I am buying a second large soon, to be able to cook spreads like that!
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Everything looks very tasty
    Thanks for all your help in 2010
    Hope 2011 is a great year for you

Happy New Year
    Shane
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    That looks just right. :) Happy New Years and thanks for all your instuctions and videos thoughout the years.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • You're welcome .. have a Happy NY everybody ... also .. more videos are "in the can" awaiting editing etc. when I get time. I have a couple of pretty good ones I think and I'm working on a complete pizza series.
    FB/GSP
  • Well yes, the 2 large setup. I can tell you that I have my original"crusty trusty" large egg here in my secret test kitchen (backyard) and I always have one of our demo "fleet" of grills here as a "second" ... it could be anything from an oval ceramic to a pellet grill to a bullet smoker to a $5000 gas grill .... and I think my favorite setup is 2 larges ..it just seems to work good , the eggcessories are interchangeable etc. etc. .. for a while I was diggin the Large w/ XL setup but I had to have 2 sets of grids / grates /platesetters, etc. ... we have BGE classes starting at the store next week so large #2 has to go back to the demo fleet and I'll probably get a pellet grill ... nice but I like the 2 eggs better I think, at least for now :)
    FB/SGP
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Thumbs up on that meal. I just never cook the lobster the way I like it.