Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone tried the WOO ring?

Options
Pjoe
Pjoe Posts: 224
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Happy New Year! I have a medium and looking for the best way to go with a raised grid. I bought the collapsible rig from BGE and don't like it. Was looking at the Woo ring 2 for the medium but that seems like a lot of money for what you get. Also, have read on the forum about building up a second grid with bolts and such. Other than cost, any opinions on which is better?

Bill
LBGE AR SMALL BGE WOO RING

Comments

• EggSimon
    EggSimon Posts: 422
    Options
    Hey Bill,

I don´t have the Woo for the medium, but have it for small and mini. Love both.
    The ceramicgrillstore goods aren´t bargains. But worth every cent ! It´s very well handcrafted

I started also to build a raised grid by myself with bolds, nuts... But it´s not as handy as the woo, I was always not 100 % satisfied. The woo is the definitiv and best solution. Spend the money and you will be very satisfied with the woo.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Bill I also have the woo for the mini and the adj rig for the large.
    Outstanding products. You will be happy with the med woo, products are outstanding and Tom will help you with any questions on the order or after.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    I have the woo ring for a small and a large and I think that they are great. Almost everything I cook is on a raised grate and the ability to put a barrier (drip pan etc) below the great is very handy.

Excellent quality.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Bill,
    I have the Adjustable Rig for my large and the Woo for my medium and mini. The Woo is never out of the medium I use it on every cook. If you get the Woo ya might as well get a drip pan from them as they have the perfect size.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• JBUG99999
    JBUG99999 Posts: 263
    Options
    Bill,

We tried to go the cheap route and bought the stainless bolts/washers for the homemade route. It was a complete PITA. It was constantly falling off the lip of the fire ring and dumping food in the coals. When we would go to clean the grid, it would loosen the bolts, just a complete PITA.

We ordered the Woo 3 Extender which has a base and a grid combined and it works very well. The grid is a shade small for the large at the level of the gasket, but allows you to put it on top of the regular grid the BGE came with and get even more height.

We also picked up the spider. We use the wok and a cast iron grate with the spider for even more versatility.

Hope that helps!
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    While less expensive than the adj rig, the woo is a little pricey. However it is very well built, and of heavy material. It is a good value.
  • hinsongolf
    Options
    I tried one with bolts, etc... I broke down and bought the Woo3 yesterday from CGS. I wanted the additional feature of the ring holding a wok.
  • Pjoe
    Pjoe Posts: 224
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It seems unanimous - the Woo is worth the bucks! Thanks for the info.

Bill
    LBGE AR SMALL BGE WOO RING