Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Foodsaver - Gotta Love It

Options
Gandolf
Gandolf Posts: 906
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was looking for something easy, quick, and good for dinner last night. Found some remnants of a whole pig cook from 2007 in the freezer that I had packaged with my foodsaver. Three years, reheat In boiling water, and was nearly like just off the Egg. If you're on the fence about a foodsaver, get off and buy one!

Have a great New Year everyone!

Comments

• RVH
    RVH Posts: 523
    Options
    A few weeks back I was setting up to smoke cheese and my wife said she would be back in a little while. When I went back inside the house, she had everything laid out to begin the cheese sealing process with a brand new Foodsaver. She actually said "More! Bring me more!" when we ran out of cheese to feed the new Suck-o-Matic. Just add me to the chorus of the "why did I wait so long" folks.
  • wkygriller
    Options
    I'm sold on mine!!! Found out the hard way that Ziploc freezer bags aren't good for freezing pulled pork.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Got mine just before Christmas. It was just in time for us to put away our 20 pounds of buck board bacon. We just love it. I got the package deal and it included a 2.25 quart quick marinater. I made a batch of low sodium flavor brine and after it cooled I tried it out on some pork chops. Wow! Twenty min's later the chops were fully saturated and ready to sear. I seared them and after the rest cut into them and it was like they were injected. Very juicy and tender and flavorful. I ain't looking back we will keep making better food. Tim ;)
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    I bought my first Food Saver about 5 years ago for $20. Lately it was not working so well so I bought another oneone for $80 with some accessories. I think everyone should have one. It does save a bunch of money. Bags are a bit expensive but I cut them bigger than needed and get 5 or so uses out of them. I wash them and then sanatize them with bleach.