Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg\'in in the Rain

Options
1st5
1st5 Posts: 14
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yeah, I know it's only rain compared to some of you who are back in the blizzards in the last few days...but heck, I live in Sonoma County, California, so the closest we get to weather is a big rain storm. We are in the middle of our biggest yet. But that doesn't slow me down. Especially when I have a new cooking unit to play with!

IMG_2216-1.jpg

After work I went to the store and picked up a bottle of Simi Cabernet and a nice Ribeye. Those along with some potatos, green beans and a half an onion were my plan for dinner.

IMG_2213.jpg

I put the potatos and the onion in foil pans and set them on the egg at 450 for a bit. After those had been cooking nicely I increased the heat up to about 550, took off the taters and onions and threw the steak on the grill

IMG_2221.jpg

Two minutes and flipped it...

IMG_2222.jpg

Here's a peek through the top vent. Pretty cool picture I think...

IMG_2223.jpg

Two more minutes, another flip and two more then off. Right before taking the steak off to rest I reduced the heat back to 450 and put the onions and taters back on while the steak rested...

IMG_2229.jpg

Here's an after shot...

IMG_2230.jpg

So far I've had it for four days and cooked up something each day. I'm happy.

My buddy and I are getting together Saturday and we'll smoke up some large cuts of wild hog. At this rate I'll need to go pig hunting soon.

Comments